Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Capturing the human figure


An 11-day exhibition of sculptures on women and inter-relationship with family and environment by Noida-based artist Madhulika Jha opened at the Capital’s Triveni Gallery on Tansen Marg on Thursday.
Titled “Reflected Moods”, the exhibition is on view up to October 5.
Described as a sculptor par excellence by art critics, Madhulika started her rendezvous with clay and paints at a very young age. Born and brought up in Mathura, she completed her primary education from Lucknow and Mathura. After attaining her Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from Agra University, she did her Masters in English from Mysore University.
Stating that her recent works in bronze and fibreglass depict myriad emotions and relationships, Madhulika says: “For me the sensuous rhythm and pulse of the human face and figure are the same. The response of each viewer is their personal reaction and I let my work speak for itself.”
Speaking about her passion for sculpture, the artist explains: “My sculptures to me are the people I know. They live in my heart. Each one has a story to narrate, a mood that he or she is caught in and which strikes some cord in the viewers’ hearts. To me the woman, even when she is alone, is not really alone because you can feel her thoughts and emotions through her body language. The unstated is quite as interesting than the stated.”

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP