Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.

Monday, October 20, 2008

All for friends & love!(Flashback III)

Flash back in to second year of B.Tech in IITR, like most campus ours was also buzzing one and lots of things happened other than studies. No campus is complete without Love triangles, Quadrilaterals,Pentagons(yes, sometimes it has many angles and picture gets confusing). So we had one in 2nd year. Here just writing it after reading my old college diary
It was very chilly evening, since it was foggy all day, night was very cold. I was sitting in my hostel room studying machine design with my doors’ opened as I know Rohit will drop down anytime to make tea and cigarettes. He came at 9:00 pm, but not for tea

I never saw rohit so serious, he came sat on my bed and didn’t uttered a single word. I broke the deadly silence and asked if everything is OK. He still he did not replied,
When I asked again he said “I need to talk with you” I wasn’t expecting Rohit to be this serious.
Finally I asked “what”?
He questioned back “do I have liking for payal” [only good looking girl in our branch],
I answered “ no”.
He said that he heard it from someone that she likes me.
I told him “ I’m not sure , she is just my friend”.
Rohit was very eager to get clear answer, so he fished back into his question bank again and asked “ what about the rumours among branch mates.
I retaliated back “either you trust me or rest”.
Rohit said “I trust you, if you like her , than we are competitors”.
I cleared it back “sorry , but I’m not competing.
Rohit popped up with his usual cut paste idea , where he wanted my initiation. [As he did in assignments, but his time it was a serious case] he asked me to clarify it to payal that she is just my friend.
I said amicably “ yes anytime” , lighting a cigarette.
Rohit confirming: “so tomorrow ? “
I assured: “Ya”

Ashok entered room with ‘bidi’ in his hand&asking for match box, he was very surprised to see Rohit serious
Ashok enquired ”What happened?”.
I articulated the whole story to Ashok in very brief and he said Payal is very fond of me and stressed on rohit that he should improve his studies to impress payal .We all agreed with him , I t was finally decided that I would ask payal to meet after the classes next day and rohit would join after some time to carry it further.
Next day I asked payal to meet at Cafeteria after practicals at 6 p.m. she just nod her head. I reached cafeteria at 6:05 p.m. and found her in her yellow suit looking good as ever.
She asked “if everything was fine”
I answered “yes”.
But she knew something was fishy , so she again enquired if everything is OK. I finally broke the silence and asked her what she thinks about me ,
She said instantly that I’m her good friend , a very good friend.
I asked her again “ is that all”
Payal questioned back “what you wanna listen?”
I replied “ nothing”.
Payal asked again “ r u ok?”
I said her “ you know rohit likes you”
Payal said” this must be a joke” .
I replied firmly “ no , I’m serious”
Payal than replied seriously “ Come-on , we are here for studies , aren’t we?” , she must have thought that I have got deviated , but she didn’t knew I was just in a initiation process[only difference was that I was doing things practical this time for rohit].

I answered her “ yes “
Payal enquired back “ what went wrong” and then I showed her inside view of rohit’s imagination about me and her onto something which might ruin our friendship . Payal retaliated back saying that “ he is mad , but you are not”, then I concluded the whole conversation saying that “rohit wants to meet you” I have always been concise in my talks , I never gave any explanations for something , which I never believed in and payal knew this , later she answered that she don’t want to meet rohit.
I requested her again “ please if you can”, as I saw seriousness in rohit eyes [he was never so much serious before in time of semester exams also. It seems that it’s a do or die situation for him , and wanted to put things in right places for him ]
Payal than replied back “ ok , but that’s because you are saying”
I smiled back and said “ thanks”
Payal , then said “ Shall I leave” ,
I questioned back again “ what about rohit?” ,
She asked “ what?”
then I stressed on “ he wants to meet you now”
Payal enquired “ now?”
I said “yes” .
Payal told in a outspoken manner “ your are all too much , ask him to study so that he can improve his CGPA” I answered “ you should tell him that “ [ as I know that it would be more effective ] Rohit dropped in after 45 minutes and I excused myself saying that I have some work in library. I knew rohit would take care of this after my departure.
I didn’t knew what happened and what they talked after I left . But rohit came at night in my room and hugged me , he was very excited. I knew things have fallen into right place,
Still I enquired “how things went” as I wanted to see twinkle in his eyes.
Rohit answered “ all well “
I asked back “ what ?“ ,
Rohit replied “ She said you are just good pal” .
I confirmed back “ you are happy because of that “ .
Rohit said “ yes ,because that clears my way “ .
I smiled back and said “ good”.

Ashok was listening and finally broke his silence.
And said “ do your studies Rohit, don’t concentrate on all these things”
Rohit nodded and said “I will “and we all celebrated by smoking few puffs.
Rohit & Payal are married for three years and happily so, they have baby girl who is sweet as angel. Well they are best pals of mine & always stood by me. God bless both of them and sweet angel Ria.

6 comments:

Dr.Nishi Chauhan October 20, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

u reminded such a old n nice campus story, evry thin flashed in front of eyes ..nicely written

Er. Paayal Sharma October 20, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

very good, hmm m married now but still u remain very good friend,things were much diffrent 7yrs back...thx 4 refreshing memories..good way of writing,rohit also liked it alot,v both r thankful 2u

Puja October 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

nicely written..Rohit did wat v always thot he wont do

Er. Nidhi Mishra October 21, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

oh u three monkeys n ur pranks in college....thx 4 refreshing college days avinash

Prachi Pandey October 21, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

well seems u all njoyed a lot in campus....nicely written all the posts in dis category

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP