Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Old Queen

This is for all you vintage car lovers. My friend is an avid enthusiast & collector of Vintage/Classic cars. Yesterday I had met him & by chance one of his cars was standing out in the open so I thought I would do a photo feature for you people. So with due permission from my friend I took some pics of one of his cars. Here she is:-
Specifications:
MAKE: STUDEBAKER COMMANDER SIXYEAR: 1930ENGINE: 4-Litre Inline-Six, Side Valve, 3-Gear Sliding Speed TransmissionWB: 120 inchesBRAKES: Rod Operated Mechanical Brakes on all 4 wheelsBODY: 7-seater Regal Tourer by Studebaker
HISTORY:
This was a rare American made export model RHD car. Bought new in 1930 by my friend's Great-Grand Father and has stayed in the family ever since. This car has on occassion also been used by Mahatma Gandhi & once by Moti Lal Nehru.Hope you like the pictures, they are the best that could be done in fading evening light within the confines of the house. Also my friend has a few more cars but all of them are in storage right now due to the inclement weather. His collection includes a priceless car which is the only one of its kind in India and is one of the 10 surviving examples worldwide. Total manufactured pieces of that car were 17.He's agreed to a full photo session of his collection so once the weather clears & the cars come out I shall update this thread again.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP