Expect nothing, live frugally on surprise.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Super Fast Palak Paneer

Even though I try my hardest to make food using fresh veggies and make something interesting, there are those nights when I get home from work either too tired or too late to be bothered with trying to wrap my brain around anything too complicated. Last night was one of those nights.Since I still had a half block of tofu left over from making pasta the night before, I decided to make a bit of a vegan version of palak paneer. It's sort of the ghetto vegan version, let's be honest.

I love Palak paneer with a passion, so my convenience foods are typically cans or packages of Indian food of the just-heat-it-up variety. Yummy and fast. I especially love the Jyoti Madras Sambar and Delhi Saag.I just so happened to have a can of the Delhi Saag (mustard greens, spinach, ginger, lemon juice and spices) in my pantry yesterday. Armed with a can of that, some leftover tofu and some Indian basmati rice, a meal was born.

3 comments:

अविनाश November 18, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

aah palak paneer i like it a lot..nice fast way

seema gupta November 19, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

" muh mey panee aa gya, ab kya krun..??"
Regards

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP